background

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas is Coming....

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat...pleased to put a penny in the old man's hat!  (Has anyone else grown up with that Christmas song or was my childhood a freak of nature? Anyhoooo)

Yep, Christmas is coming!  I swear I haven't been ignoring it in favor of baby (disclaimer:  nor, have I been ignoring baby in favor of Christmas!).  I love that Christmas is here - the house is decorated, not our best year for decorations, but they're done.  I'm only about halfway done with my shopping but so far, I'm really pleased with the gifts I've bought.  Don't you just love coming up with the perfect gift?  I've managed that for each gift purchased so far and considering the budget we are on this year (thank you medical bills) that was no small feat. 

So, in case you are still trying to come up with some gift ideas, I thought I would share some things on my wish list and maybe it will spark an idea for the loved ones in your life.  I'd love to share what I've bought for my family but I'm pretty sure that would spoil some good suprises!

This was my big ticket, early gift that I got on black Friday.  We got a heck of a deal and I feel like it makes me a better mom.  Ok, not really, but that's how I sold the idea at my house!
So, of course there's accessories that are great for this.  If you've got a photographer - or new mom - that you're shopping for, how about one of these cute dslr camera strap covers (courtesy of Etsy)
And these beauties?  Don't even get me started.  I told the hubs if he wasn't getting me these to let me know and I would go get them and they could be from Luke.  HA!

So that's the exciting stuff.  But there are some smaller, stocking stuffer or little gift that not only are affordable but are apparently the ideal gift for someone who is getting old and boring practical.



Genius.  Or these?  I've packed away maternity clothes, preemie and newborn sizes of Luke's clothes but I really am anxious to implment these bad boys.

So, there you have it.  That's what's on my list.  Some exciting, some practical, but hopefully it sparked some ideas for you to get the perfect gift for the one you love! 

Merry Christmas - it'll be here before you know it.  We are aiming to take little man to visit Santa for a photo op (with the new camera!) on Friday.  Pictures to come if we make the visit!



No comments:

Post a Comment