background

Thursday, November 18, 2010

A little bit of this and a little bit of that....

So, this is all a bit random, but here's some random thoughts for today:

1.  Dude's Dude had a birthday!  He's thirty now.  That's like a real adult.  Yuck.

2.  I'm pretty sure I failed miserably on Dude's Dude's birthday gifts.  A list of boring is pretty much what he got.  Practicality just doesn't ever get anyone jumping for joy.

3.  Next weekend is Thanksgiving and I have the week off of work.  I can't tell you how excited I am to have some free time.  I already have lotsof projects lined up to keep me busy.  More to come on that later but it does include Chrimstas decorations, shopping for gifts and cleaning the garage.

4.  Do you ever have to play politics in your office?  I do and it just makes me want to throw my hands
up and yell "uncle"!  Who has time for that at work?  Dumb.

5.  We got tickets to watch the Cowboys game this weekend and next -- Dallas Cowboys this Sunday, Oklahoma State Cowboys the next.  And that suits me fine because it kind of goes hand in hand with Thanksgiving. 

6.  Do you make a list of things that you are Thankful for every year?  I try to but this year am trying to resist it because the summary of my 2010 is that I'm thankful this one's over!  Bad attitude, I know, so who wants to put that down "on record"?!?!  

7.  But for real.  Yay for 2011!  I AM THANKFUL for the light at the end of the tunnel and the things I know are to come.  Big blessings in store for us.... I just know it!

8.  Do 6 and 7 make me slightly bi-polar?

9.  One Dallas radio station is already playing Christmas music 24/7 and it makes me mad.  I love Christmas music, but something about starting this early takes away a little bit of the excitement.

10. Have a great day!  I can't think of a tenth thing but it seems wierd to end with 9.  So there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment