background

Monday, May 13, 2013

Sending Love...

Wow, what an amazing Mother's Day.  I really felt beyond blessed this year to have a healthy little boy that made me a mama, and a husband that worked so hard to make it a special weekend, let alone day.

And that got me thinking...  (I know, I shouldn't start thinking...that's when things get wild around here...)

As blessed as I was feeling, who out there was having a rotten day because it's Mother's Day?  Those wishing desparately to have a baby in their life.  Trying and hoping and hanging onto the thought of becoming a mama.  Or those that are single mamas, and don't have a husband to coordinate for the littles.  Or, God bless them, those that have lost their spouses and are facing this holiday alone. 

How did I get so lucky?  What makes me any different?  And it hit me.  Nothing makes me different.  No one is protected from this crazy life.  And, as brutal as that is, something about it made me feel a little more connected to this little world we live in.  And I want to do something about it.  Do something to make it a better place to live. 

SO, if you had a tough day yesterday, know that you were on my mind.  I'm sending love your way and thanking you for all your hard work, whether you are a mother in the traditional sense or not.  We can all make it a better place to live.

In honor of all those that maybe wished it wasn't Mother's Day yesterday, I'm going to focus on doing ten acts of kindness over the next month or so.  It's not a lot.  And it's not flashy.  But it's a start. 

Happy Mother's Day.  Or Non-Mother's Day.  Whatever it is you're into.  You. Are. Loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment