background

Monday, April 2, 2012

Coming up for Air

WHEW!  What a crazy couple weeks (or months) it's been!  Work has been so hectic, but I promise I didn't just stick Luke in his jumperoo and leave him to fend for himself (or if I did it wasn't for more than like 10 minutes---hahaha!).

Not only have I been busy at work, but we've been on the go with lil man to!  Here's a quick re-cap of the last month or so...


Lots of jumping...Lots of smiles...

Our fabulous babysitter, "Jumperoo".




Lots of bottles (in bad lighting apparently)






A trip to Reese's birthday party, where Luke checked out the girlies playing






The birthday girl striking a pose for me!




And then when she got her tongue in her mouth, my camera was out of focus :(  BOOOOO!





That's the birthday girl's handstand - seriously, she can't be old enough to be doing all this!?!?!?



Swinging on the bars....



 And from the rings... Hope you had a great birthday party Reese!




Grammy came to visit - she's an even better babysitter than the jumperoo!!!!  hahaha - we love you Grammy!  Thanks for the help!
Quick note...I swear we feed him more than this tiny test tube looking bottle.  This is just his medicine!



We went bowling...as a family....





With Luke's girlfriend...

Little back story on these two - Helena Grace was Luke's roomie at the NICU.  I think I've blogged about her before, but it's so great to have friends close-by, with a kiddo not only the same age but with similar things going on.  And it doesn't hurt that we have the best time with her parents either!  SO....they're pretty much getting married.  At 35.  :)




And his girlfriend's parents.  They insisted we all chaperone their daughter's date!  HAHAHAHA!


I chose to forgive the fact that she's wearing a UT sweatshirt.  She's from Philly, ya'll....poor thing doesn't know better!


They may or may not have played really awesome music.  Ok, ok.  They did have a pretty amazing playlist going.




Kelsey's become an excellent beat boxer because Luke is such a fan...  I'm still sticking to my guns and hoping that our sweet boy listens to country music.  Or oldies.  Or pop.  ANYTHING but rap, but if his daddy and Uncle J have anything to do with it, it'll be gangsta rap (aaahhhem....daddy!) or techno (Uncle J!!!).  And I don't know which would be worse!




We've started using the Baby Bjorn more.  And both of us love it.  Luke does a lot better facing out though.  He's so curious these days!  Plus, then he can see strangers walking by and stick his tongue out and spit at them!




We've done lots of shopping trips and even managed to snag a hat like Uncle J's.  Is this not one of the best pictures?  They are such good buddies!





We've tried all kinds of new foods!  We've gone from just rice cereal and milk to carrots, sweet potatoes (a favorite), peas (not a favorite) and most recently apples (closely stealing favorite status).











Proof that I do in fact give Luke baths, despite the constant sock fuzz between those cute little toes!
Mom!!!!  A little privacy, please?
\

We jumped a little bit more - how could we not when it's so fun!?!?!?





And just last week, my nephew, and Luke's best friend and future partner in crime had his adneoids removed and tubes put in.  So, Luke was worried about him and wanted to hang out so we did a lunchdate while Jack snoozed.  Poor baby boy is going to feel so much better now!




"SOMEONE" started sucking two fingers - his pointer and middle finger.  Which is super cute.  Until he gags himself and throws up his last meal.  THEN????  Not so cute



WHAT????   I'M TEETHING!  Don't judge!



So, that's it in a nut shell.  I have been working like a dog since pretty much the first of the year but February and March just about killed me!  Somehow, we managed to fit in lots of family time and new experiences for my little man though and I'm so glad we were able to make it all work.  He's been such a joy and honestly, it's the first time I've really wished we could freeze time and enjoy this stage just a little bit longer.  It was tough going for a while, but we're all really in a groove lately and I just can't get enough!!!

Hope you enjoyed the photo dump!!!!   Have a great week!  Until then, "I'm watching you..."  (in his best Jack Burns voice) 
 --- if you missed the movie reference you need to watch Meet the Parents, Meet the Fockers, all of it! 

3 comments:

  1. Carrie, he is so cute! I love his little facial expressions! I hear like 7-12 months are the best for sure! We are still in the "tough" stage but having so much fun! I can't wait to see you all this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great age! I felt so bad to admit how exhausting it was when he was so tiny and needed so much extra love and care. But there's no shame in it - and you've got two!!! So ask for help! And trust me, it gets better! I'm loving this stage so much!

      Delete
  2. These are great - love the photo dump blog post! Keep em coming. Now I don't feel like I'm the only one in the family who is picture happy! I do like that one of Jason with the hats. And, the bath one is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete