background

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Jantsen's Gift

I had a wonderful opportunity at work last week that I can't believe I haven't shared before now!  Have you heard of Pam Cope?  No?  Well, neither had I.  She was listed as a guest speaker for a women's initiative group.  I'm on a committee for the group but knowing nothing about the guest speaker, I honestly thought, "oh great, here we go".  Speaker series are great and all, but honestly, busy as I have been at work, I was soooo close to skipping it and chalking it up to another "ra ra ra, go team go" type of afternoon.  But, thank goodness I took the time to attend.  She is absolutely amazing.  I've attached a video clip below, which gives you an idea of not only what her story is, which is pretty incredible in its own right, but more importantly, what she does.  It will blow your mind!  I read her book "Jantsen's Gift" in seriously like two days and it is beyond inspiring.  So, as Pam would ask, what will be your Mark?  How will you impact lives and leave the world a better place because YOU existed?  I know I'm coming up with my answers.  What are yours?

P.S.  The video is almost five minutes long but I can almost guarantee that if you  take the time to watch it, you'll be googling Pam Cope and her work.  Here's a good starting point:  http://www.touchalifekids.org/



No comments:

Post a Comment